In today’s episode we will:
- Give a community update
- Discuss in more detail the Recognize part of the RESTORE process
- Talk about a potentially exciting treatment for the most server PTSD
More people connecting…
– We have over 275 people that have connected with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HopeAndRestorationTeam
– Twitter: @PadreDavid
– Of course our website: HealingTheWoundsOfWar.com
- Leave a comment or a voice message
- Name, where you are calling from and a brief message or question (Please only question per message, but as many questions as you like.)
– Our community Talk line: 253-235-9165 (please only ask one question per call)
On to our main topic of our show…the Recognize part of the RESTORE process.
- Recognize and evaluate go hand-in-hand. Remember, don’t get caught up in this process. Our point is to get to a place to set a goal and move forward.
- We don’t diagnose PTSD or any other conditions.
- We can recognize that something is not right with ourselves or another. It does not even need to rise to the level of something that would be diagnosed for us to reach out for help or to help.
- Getting help starts with Recognizing that there is an issue/opportunity
- What has changed? What is different?
- May take weeks or sometimes years to have symptoms.
- It is normal to be affected by a traumatic experience!
- 4 identified areas to Recognize…
- From VA public page: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/symptoms_of_ptsd.asp
- in 2012, 22 US Veterans committed suicide each day!
- US National Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- for US Veterans – VA Hotline 1-800-273-8255 press 1
- Do you know of a number in the country where you live?
Thank you for listening! Let a friend know. We would appreciate it greatly if you would give us a 5 star rating in the ITunes store and share the good news.